Farm Household Allowance

The Farm Household Allowance (FHA) offers support for eligible farmers and their partners going through adversity, including drought. More than 40% of Queensland is currently in drought. If drought is affecting you, now is the time to see if you are eligible for Farm Household Allowance.

You can apply for FHA:

If you: are a farmer, are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, are at least 16 years of age, and have a right or interest in land and use it for a far business.

Your farm must: be in Australia and have a significant commercial purpose or character.

You must: contribute a significant part of your labour and capital to the farm business and enter into a financial improvement agreement, or have one in place already.

You cannot apply for FHA if you: currently receive other pensions or social security benefits, have already received the payment for 4 years, or do not meet the criteria in the guidelines.

Successful applicants can receive up to 4 years of payments and support. This will include: a fortnightly payment, allowances to help with rent, phone and medicine, a financial assessment of the farm business, a Health Care Card, and funding to help develop skills, access training and pay for professional advice.

For more information and applications for FHA visit the Department of Human Services.

Subscribe to our Newsletter